Chapter 1 Ling R Stald G 2010 Mobile communities Are we talking about a village a clan or 2023
Ling, R., &Stald, G. (2010). Mobile communities: Are we talking about a village, a clan, or a small group? American Behavioral Scientist, 53(8), 1133-1147.
After you read the article, write a short paper (approximately 2-3 pages, double spaced) that addresses the following questions (please use the same structure, organization, and subheadings in your paper):
Reference (APA style):
Citation (APA style):
1. What is the Research Question? What interesting and/or important sociological issue is this study trying to solve?
2. What type of Background Information is provided (this will usually appear in the Introduction or Literature Review)? You can simply list the major topics that are discussed as part of the background for this study.
3. What is the research Methodology? How were the data collected? If appropriate, include a description of the subjects, location/setting, procedures, and a description of any instruments (such as a questionnaire) that were used. Also, discuss any potential limitations to this study (there are generally two types of limitations: some related to the validity of the study (that is, are the researchers able to collect accurate data? Are they measuring what they need to in order to answer the research question? Are there any threats to the accuracy of the study?) and some are related to the ability of the research to be generalized to other settings (that is, if the study was conducted in New York City, are the results likely to be applicable to Los Angeles? Denver? Fresno?).
4. What are the most important findings/Results?
5. What are the most important Conclusions? What did the authors learn?