Week 6 Biological Aspects of Later Adulthood Resources Readings Zastrow C H Kirst Ashman 2023
Week 6 Biological Aspects of Later Adulthood Resources Readings
- Zastrow, C. H., & Kirst-Ashman, K. K. (2016). Understanding human behavior and the social environment (10th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning. o Chapter 1, “Introduction to human behavior and the social environment: The strengths perspective“(p. 13) o Chapter 14, “Biological Aspects of Later Adulthood“ (pp. 654-684)
- Plummer, S.-B., Makris, S., & Brocksen S. M. (Eds.). (2014). Social work case studies: Foundation year. Baltimore, MD: Laureate International Universities Publishing. [Vital Source e- reader]. o “Working With the Aging: The Case of Francine” (pp. 39–41)
- Bosma, H., Johnston, M., Cadell, S., Wainwright, W., Abernethy, N., Feron, A., & … Nelson, F. (2010). Creating social work competencies for practice in hospice palliative care. Palliative Medicine, 24(1), 79–87. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Cagle, J. G., & Kovacs, P. J. (2009). Education: A complex and empowering social work intervention at the end of life. Health & Social Work, 34(1), 17–27.
- Dosser, I., & Kennedy, C. (2012). Family carers’ experiences of support at the end of life: Carers’ and health professionals’ views. International Journal of Palliative Nursing, 18(10), 491– 497. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Reese, D. J. (2011). Interdisciplinary perceptions of the social work role in hospice: Building upon the classic Kulys and Davis study. Journal of Social Work in End-of-Life & Palliative Care, 7(4), 383-406. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases. Optional Resource Guindon, S., & Cappeliez, P. (2010). Contributions of psychological well-being and social support to an integrative model of subjective health in later adulthood. Ageing International, 35(1), 38–60.
End-of-Life Care and Social Work Practice
2- to 4-page paper that analyzes the role of the social worker in helping to plan end-of-life care. Include possible consideration of palliative care, euthanasia, hospice care, the living will and advanced directives, and other factors. Research and cite at least one journal article to support your analysis.
Support your Assignment with specific references to the resources. Be sure to provide full APA citations for your references.