For this Assignment you will analyze a state federal or global social welfare policy that affects an 2023
For this Assignment, you will analyze a state, federal, or global social welfare policy that affects an at-risk, marginalized, oppressed, underrepresented, or over looked group population. Finally, consider the impact of social policy from the perspective of the group you selected.
Assignment (5-7 double-spaced pages, APA format). In addition to a minimum of eight scholarly references, which may include electronic government documents and reputable websites, your paper should include:
- A description of the current policy approach for addressing the social issue you selected
- A description of the current policy goals for addressing the social issue you selected
- A description of the population the current policy approach covers
- An explanation of the funding levels for the current policy approach and whether they are sufficient to address the issue
- An explanation of how this policy may affect at-risk, marginalized, underrepresented, overlooked, or oppressed populations. Identify a specific at-risk population.
- An analysis of whether or not the policy meets the needs of the population groups most affected by the policy.
- Recommendations for alternative policies that would address the gaps identified in the policy. Please be specific in recommendations.