Lesson 5 Discussion Discussion Question In 200 250 words after reviewing the readings please create a 2023
Lesson 5 Discussion
In 200-250 words, after reviewing the readings, please create a substantial discussion post considering the following in your post:
· Why is it important for a Social Worker to demonstrate cultural competency/cultural humility?
· Please share how you demonstrate cultural humility/competence and what areas you could further improve.
Lesson 5 Assignment
Please take the following cultural competence quizzes:
This cultural diversity/cultural competence self-assessment is focused on providing services/supports to children and families:
Cultural Competence Self-Assessment:
For this assignment, please submit a one-page paper including the following:
· Please reflect on your experience taking this self-assessment and discuss your strengths and areas for growth.
· How can this information help you in your current or future practice of Social Work?
Paper should be approx. one page and include high quality writing. Please include a title page and double check all spelling and grammar prior to submitting. Also, please make sure to cite all relevant information and include references as appropriate.
Lesson 6 Discussion 1
You are meeting with 18-year-old, Carlos for an intake session. Carlos was referred to you by his high school teacher due to increased anger, aggression, declining grades, and depressed mood. When you meet Carlos, the first thing he says is “I don’t need to meet with you. I don’t know why the teacher had me come to see you.”
In 200-250 words, using the above vignette, please create a substantial discussion post considering the following question(s) in your post.
· What interview techniques would you consider using to interview Carlos?
· What do you think would be some of the challenges as you interview Carlos?
Lesson 6 Discussion 2
After reviewing the readings and video, in 200-250 words, please create a substantial discussion post considering the following in your post:
· How do you think Motivational Interviewing can be helpful to a Social Worker and to a client?
· What types of clients could benefit from Motivational Interviewing?
Social Work Skills:
Motivational Interviewing Principles: