Instructions for Assignment 9 Moral Agent Assignment 9 Moral Agent This is a bit of a twist when 2023
Instructions for Assignment 9 – Moral Agent
Assignment #9 – Moral Agent
This is a bit of a twist when it comes to how we look at ethics. It’s tempting to approach ethics as a way to tell other people what to do, to point fingers, or debate controversial issues that don’t directly involve us. For this assignment, think about your role as an ethical being – as a moral agent. A moral agent is a person who can make a decision to act in their social world and who recognizes some responsibility to make those choices in a way that can be recognized as ‘right’. This means you. You are a moral agent.
What does it mean for you to act responsibly in your social world? What skills (virtues) do you need to cultivate and practice in order to live ethically and authentically?
Discuss any two ethical theories that we have explored as you develop your answer.
(Note: Your work in this assignment can also help you in your Final Project.)
Assignments have the following objectives:
- Identify and describe key concepts relevant to a theme presented in the assignment prompt.
- Explore ideas in philosophical depth beyond the presentation of course material.
- Examine course material in order to develop an informed investigation of your perspectives on a theme presented in the assignment.
- Research scholarly sources to help explore and expand students’ perspectives and develop critical thinking skills.
- Develop a cogent argument to support your position.
- All sources must be responsibly cited and referenced. (APA)
- Assignments should be around 1000 words.