Week 10 6215C I have uploaded SAMHSA 2014 Assignment Applying Trauma Informed Principles to a Social Work Practice Setting With Children 2023
Week 10 6215C
I have uploaded SAMHSA 2014
Applying Trauma-Informed Principles to a Social Work Practice Setting With Children and Families
Please not that this is an MSW course. Please check Grammar and use some of the resources I have provided
In Week 4, you explored the concept of trauma-informed services through six principles and 10 implementation domains (SAMHSA, 2014). Now, choose a setting in which you have worked providing social work services (e.g., current/previous field placement, employer, etc.) and explore the principles and implementation domains of trauma-informed services in the setting you have chosen. The Division of Family and children services. 300 Georgia Ave #100, Monroe, GA 30655 Case Manager
Child Protective Services Investigator
· Investigated allegations of child abuse or neglect preceding the necessary steps to protect children
· collaborates with law enforcement when children are physically removed from caretakers when the child is found by the courts to be at risk in the home
· Identified threats to a child’s well-being and develop safety plans whenever a child’s safety is at imminent risk
· Provided testimonies in court and prepared comprehensive reports of investigative findings that supported recommendations to the court
· Interviewed pertinent people in cases, including family members, medical care providers, and others familiar with the family situation
· Documenting all information recorded timely in accordance with HIPAA standards, genogram, and ROI
· Knowledge sets include abuse, Child, infant, neglect, testified, violence.
a 5- to 7-page paper in which you address the following four areas:
• Describe the agency setting. Is it public or private, non-profit or for-profit? Is the agency’s primary goal to serve trauma survivors? Approximately what percentage of clients would be defined as trauma survivors?
• Explain each of the 10 implementation domains in detail and discuss if/how well the setting applies each of the 6 principles. You may want to present this in table format with a brief narrative.
• What are your ideas for improving the principles that are not well implemented? Be specific about organizational, environmental, programmatic, and/or administrative changes that would need to be made.
• Address the barriers to creating trauma-informed services in this setting.
The paper should be presented in a clear and coherent manner and reflect critical thinking and a clear understanding of trauma-informed services. It should adhere to APA guidelines.