The Course Project is due All information for this assignment is found on this page Remember 2023
The Course Project is due. All information for this assignment is found on this page.
Remember to submit your assignment for grading when finished.
Week 2 Rubric
Include the title of your course paper, your name
Topic and Value
What is the topic of this paper and why does this topic interest you?
Describe why this topic is of value to you as a professional of the organization or the HR staffing professional or whatever else you deem of value. Why put out the energy to write this research paper? Who benefits?
Cite any references that you used to write this short paper.
Week 7 Rubric
Title Page53Include the title of your course paper, your name, your e-mail address, your school name, your instructor’s name, the date of the submission, and your class (HRM594).Introduction106Generally review what this paper is about and what the reader can expect to find inside the pages of this research paper. State the topic and why it is important. Potential topics are found at the bottom of this page. The old advice, “Tell them what you plan to tell them” applies here.Approach158Describe the methodology that you will use to conduct the research needed to complete this paper. That will likely include using the DeVry Library to find primary sources, reviewing documents in the workplace, and using the Internet to find respected sources, such as SHRM, professional journals, and so on. Spell out what you expect to get from these sources.Focus2012What is the specific focus of the paper? Describe a problem, situation, real-world case, and so on that causes you to take this direction. See the list of sample topics below. What is the practical relevance of this research paper?Literature Review4022Summarize the scholarly research that you found on the topic. You must use no fewer than six resources outside of your textbook. Use primary sources.Results4022What did you learn about the topic, both qualitative and quantitative? This is where you present the model you created or the recommendations that you have for the organization or the proposal that you will present to upper management. This is where you make your argument.Conclusion4022How do you interpret the results of your research as it relates to the specific topic that you addressed in the assignment? How does your research help the organization to improve in some way? How does the organization benefit from your results, the model, the recommendations, and so on? How do you expect things to be better because of your research and recommendations?References105You must use no fewer than 10 resources outside of your textbook. That includes the six used in the Literature Review section of this assignment. Cite all sources. Use the APA style guide. All references must be cited in two places: within the body of your paper and on a separate reference list. Choose references judiciously and cite them accurately.Total180100A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
- Avoid any type of plagiarism. The best way to avoid plagiarism is to make sure all quotes, ideas, or conclusions not your own are given proper acknowledgment in your text.
- Plagiarism in its purest form involves copying passages either verbatim or nearly verbatim, with no direct acknowledgment of the source.
- Paraphrasing does not relieve you of the obligation to provide proper identification of source data.
- All references must be cited in two places: within the body of your paper and on a separate reference list. Choose references judiciously and cite them accurately.
- Use the APA style guide.
- Please do not select the same topics that you used to create the previous two assignments for this course.
- Take the perspective of an HR business partner when writing this assignment.
- Be sure to proofread your work.
- Take a research approach to writing this paper, but have practical recommendations.
- Structure the paper using the grading rubric categories: Approach, Focus, and so on.
A list of example topics for course papers is provided below to provide some ideas. However, these are examples only. Please feel free to consider other staffing-related topics that are of interest to you.
- Alignment of strategic staffing strategies with the organization’s strategic requirements
- Internet staffing methods compared to traditional staffing methods: time, cost, quality, and retention
- Effects of utilizing realistic job previews (RJP) on employee selection, performance, and retention
- Review of recent developments in job analysis
- Practical strategies to implement a flexible workforce model
- Review of employment laws and court cases in selection testing and assessment
- Defining the new careers of the 21st century and implications for staffing strategies
- Requirements and implementation strategies for a human resource information system (HRIS)
- Practical strategies to fully engage the entire management team in strategic forecasting and planning
- Unique considerations and approaches in developing protected-class employees to become future managers in the organization
- Explanation of all the costs related to recruiting: creation of a sample budget for recruiting
- Update of most recent employment laws and court cases