I want you the fragment and analyze a text Please watched the accompanying PowerPoint 2023
I want you the fragment and analyze a text. Please watched the accompanying PowerPoint where i explain what I have in mind and review the example I have provided that I have done this myself. I want you to take the text I give you below and do the following:
- Fragment the text into separate sentences breaking up conjunctions and deleting “window dressing” text.
- Identify the Thesis Statement
- The rest of the sentences are either premises, restatement of the thesis, or irrelevant
- Draw Arrows as a Graphic as to which sentences are offered in support of which sentences. (e.g. A —> B indicates that you think sentence A was offered as support for sentence B.
- *Schematize Argument (Optional)
- *Flow Chart It (Optional)
Links to an explanation of this assignment as well as a PowerPoint presentation on this assignment can be found on the lesson plan for this course ((10/7/19).
Here is the text I want you to analyze for this assignment:
Text to Analyze:
Therefore, just because I know certainly that I exist, and that meanwhile I do not remark that any other thing necessarily pertains to my nature or essence, excepting that I am a thinking thing, I rightly conclude that my essence consists solely in the fact that I am a thinking thing [or a substance whose whole essence or nature is to think]. And although possibly (or rather certainly, as I shall say in a moment) I possess a body with which I am very intimately conjoined, yet because, on the one side, I have a clear and distinct idea of myself inasmuch as I am only a thinking and unextended thing, and as, on the other, I possess a distinct idea of body, inasmuch as it is only an extended and unthinking thing, it is certain that this I [that is to say, my soul by which I am what I am], is entirely and absolutely distinct from my body, and can exist without it.