Project Final Project Writing the Grant Part 3 Budget Budget Narrative and Sustainability Plan for 2023
Project: Final Project: Writing the Grant Part 3: Budget, Budget Narrative, and Sustainability Plan for a Non-Government Organization to help single mother take care of their family with the help of public assistance
For this Assignment:
- Review the Final Project Guidelines provided in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Carefully review pages 15–19 and page 26 of the course text as well as other Learning Resources focused on project budgets. You also may find additional online information from reputable grant-related organizations such as Foundation Center and individual private funders.
- With consideration to feedback in this week’s Discussion that you received from colleagues and your Instructor, and to your continued evaluation of the literature and funder guidelines, finalize your project Budget, Budget Narrative, and Sustainability Plan.
Assignment (3 page paper)
Create a two-column table.
Column 1 lists the line items of expected project expenses (for example, specific equipment, facilities, and personnel).
Column 2 lists the projected dollar amount requested for that line item.
Note: Rationale for costs will be provided in the budget narrative.
· 2 Classrooms
· 20 Desks
· 20 Chairs
· 1 Computer Lab
· 6 Computers
· 2 Children Rooms
· 20 Cases of Printer Papers
· 2 Black Boards
· 2 Printers
· 1 Director
· 1 Manager
· 2 Job Readiness Teachers
· 1 Certified Daycare Worker
· 1 Book Keeper
· 1 Counselor
The Budget Narrative expands on the line items of the budget, providing a reviewer detail and justification for how you arrived at the projected dollar amounts. For example: If hiring a consultant for $2,000 is a line item, the narrative might explain that this is based on 40 hours @ $50/hour.
The Sustainability Plan explains how your agency plans to continue operating this program once the funding has run out.
It also indicates where future funding and other resources might be obtained.
Note: All relevant cost issues from the budget are addressed in the sustainability plan.
Ward, D. (2012). Writing grant proposals that win (4th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
· Chapter 1, “The Conceptual Framework” (pp. 1–19)
· Chapter 2, “Other Important Features” (pp. 21–26)
· Appendix D, “Sample Budget Forms and Narratives” (p. 209)
Hansen, M. (2014, January 29). The five key elements of an effective sustainability plan for grants [Blog post]. The Grant Helpers.com. Retrieved from http://www.thegranthelpers.com/blog/bid/204687/The-Five-Key-Elements-of-an-Effective-Sustainability-Plan-for-Grants