Ashford 3 Week 2 Discussion 2 Your initial discussion thread is due on 2023
Ashford 3: – Week 2 – Discussion 2
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Reference the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Formulating a Career Plan
Knowing which career you want to pursue is an important first step to tackling your job search and career goals. Identifying an ideal position is a great first step. However, to achieve success, you must also identify the specific action steps you need to take in order to obtain these goals. Whether your long-term plans include health education or another discipline is not an issue. It is important to see what your goals are as well as what steps you have taken and plan to take in order to achieve those goals. Earning a degree is great; however, if you do not have a plan for the steps following graduation, your hard work may not produce results as soon as you would like. That is the goal of this discussion – how can we work toghether to help you succeed!
- Identify your long-term goals.
- Where would you like to be one to five years from now?
- What is the industry and role you would like to pursue for your career?
- Explore the skills and qualifications related to this type of role.
- What qualifications do you already possess for this role??
- What new skills, knowledge, certifications, or trainings do you need?
- Identify the action steps you will need to take to successfully pursue this position. Be sure to set reasonable deadlines for these action steps.
- Reflect on your resources.
- What barriers do you need to overcome to be successful?
- Are there individuals in your personal or professional network who can help you?
Guided Response: After reading your classmates responses, respond to at least two of your peers on how you feel their current qualifications will help them in their career aspirations.