Ashford 5 Week 4 Journal Life Stressors Journal IStress is a response by the body from demands placed 2023
Ashford 5: – Week 4 – Journal
Life Stressors Journal
IStress is a response by the body from demands placed on it and is incorporated into our lifestyle. Stressors come in two forms: eustress, known as good stress, and distress, known as bad stress. Both types of stress can result in a stress response. “In fact, 33% of college students reported that stress negatively affected their academic performance and resulted in a lower grade, dropped classes, or an incomplete” (Anspaugh, Hamrick, & Rosato, 2011, p. 312). In this journal entry, you will assess the amount of stress in your life and examine its effects on your health and wellness by completing the following tasks:
- Take the Assessment Activity 9-1: Life Stressors on page 327 in your course textbook.
- Tabulate your results and write them down along with a brief assessment of your results to be used in your video journal.
- Select one of the relaxation techniques that are listed in Chapter 9 of your text and practice the method.
In your video journal, address the following topics:
- Were you surprised with your Life Stressors score? Why or why not?
- What major stressors are impacting your wellness?
- Which dimensions of wellness are impacted by stress?
- Describe and demonstrate the relaxation technique that you tried in your video journal.
- Do you think the relaxation technique you tried would be effective in reducing your stress level if practiced on a regular basis? Why or why not?
- What are the major health risks and diseases associated with distress?
- What two strategies that effectively deal with distress would you consider using on a weekly basis?
Your journal should be two to five minutes in duration. Review the YouTube Webcam Quick-Start Guide on how to create a YouTube account and create a YouTube video journal. Submit a one-page Word document that contains the URL to your YouTube video journal by Day 3.