I want you to imagine that you attend BlackLivesMatter event in college 2023
I want you to imagine that you attend #BlackLivesMatter event in college, which someone gives speech about that topic.
(Write about your experience at the event in 5 pages by addressing the following: )
– What thoughts and attitudes did you have prior to your attendance to the event/place? What did you expect? Were these expectations based on stereotypes or biases (positive or negative) or a previous experience? What concerns or fears, if any, did you have? Where did you see yourself in your own ethnic identity development and advocacy identity?
– Describe your experience. What did you learn that was new knowledge that increased your understanding of this population? How does this knowledge apply to your understanding of learning and students’ academic, career, and personal/social development?
– Describe your experience. What do you observe in terms of strengths/resiliency and barriers for this particular population?
– How do you expect the experience to have an impact on your role as an advocate?
-How will it inform your practice in terms of new skills, strategies, and professional goals with this particular population and students and families of diverse backgrounds?
– What are you taking away from the experience? What does it mean to you and how will it impact your relationships with diverse populations? How has it impacted your ethnic identity development process and identity as an advocate for social justice?
– Use APA formatting: Use APA formatting: Typed, double-spaced, 1” margins, 12-point Times New Roman, references not needed.