msn fp6109 assessment 2 vila health the impact of educational technology #1 Essay Answers – #1 Essay Answers
Write a 2â€“4-page impact statement delineating the possible effects on learners, the organization, and patients of the new or upgraded educational technology, or changes in current technology use, that you proposed in Assessment 1.
Note: Each assessment in this course builds upon the work you have completed in previous assessments. Therefore, complete the assessments in the order in which they are presented.
Change has both positive and negative effects on how a health care organization operates, and ultimately, on the quality of patient care. As a nurse educator, you must understand how a technology change not only benefits learner success, but also its relevance to the strategic plan, mission, and future viability of the organization.
This assessment provides an opportunity for you to determine the impact on nursing processes, staff performance, and patient outcomes of new or upgraded technology or changes in how current technology is being used.
The following resources are required to complete the assessment.
Use this template for your technology impact statement:
- Vila Health: The Impact of Educational Technology.
- Vila Health is a virtual environment that simulates a real-world health care system. In the various Vila Health challenges, you will apply professional strategies, practice skills, and build competencies that you can apply to your coursework and in your career. The information you gather in this challenge will help you to complete the assessment.
Assessment InstructionsNote: Complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented.
Executive leaders agree with your assessment of educational technology needs and, as the next step, they have asked you to submit a technology impact statement. They would like to know how the prospective change in the use of existing educational technologies or the acquisition of new tools, technology, or upgrades will affect current nursing processes, staff performance, and patient outcomes.To prepare for the assessment, you are encouraged to begin thinking about how recommended changes in educational technology, based on your needs assessment in Assessment 1, support your organization’s mission, vision, values, and goals. In addition, consider your role as a nurse educator in implementing these changes and their effect on the organization. You may wish to review the assessment requirements and scoring guide to ensure you understand the work you will be asked to complete.Note: Remember that you can submit all, or a portion of, your draft impact statement to Smarthinking Tutoring for feedback, before you submit the final version for this assessment. If you plan on using this free service, be mindful of the turnaround time of 24â€“48 hours for receiving feedback.
Write a 2â€“4-page impact statement delineating the possible effects on learners, the organization, and patients of the new or upgraded educational technology, or changes in current technology use, that you proposed in Assessment 1.Note: If you have not already done so, complete the Vila Health: The Impact of Educational Technology challenge, linked in the Required Resources.The technology impact statement requirements, outlined below, correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide, so be sure to address each point. Read the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed. In addition, be sure to note the requirements below for document format and length and for citing supporting evidence.
- Describe the new educational technology, upgrades to existing technology, or changes in current technology use that are under consideration.
- Explain how the proposed changes support the organization’s mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Analyze the impact on the organization of the proposed changes.
- How might these changes affect day-to-day nursing operations or educational activities?
- What is the expected impact of these changes on patient care?
- How will the organization measure the impact?
- How should the organization be prepared if the new or upgraded technology, or changes in current technology use, do not deliver as promised?
- Describe the nurse educator’s role in implementing the proposed changes.
- What are the nurse educator’s primary responsibilities?
- What actions can the nurse educator reasonably be expected to take to facilitate the change?
- Explain how the proposed changes will be incorporated into the design of current or future nursing education programs.
- How will implementation of these changes affect learning and performance?
- Support assertions, arguments, propositions, and conclusions with relevant and credible evidence.
- Is your supporting evidence clear and explicit?
- How or why does particular evidence support a claim?
- Will your reader see the connection?
- Did you summarize, paraphrase, and quote your sources appropriately?
- Is your supporting evidence clear and explicit?
- Write clearly and concisely in a logically coherent and appropriate form and style.
- Write with a specific purpose and audience in mind.
- Adhere to scholarly and disciplinary writing standards and APA formatting requirements.
Document Format and Length
Format your impact statement using current APA style.
- Use the APA Style Paper Template, linked in the Required Resources. An APA Style Paper Tutorial is also provided (linked in the Suggested Resources) to help you in writing and formatting your impact statement. Be sure to include:
- A title page and references page. An abstract is not required.
- A running head on all pages.
- Appropriate section headings.
- Your impact statement should be 2â€“4 pages in length, not including the title page and references page.
Cite 3â€“5 credible sources from peer-reviewed journals or professional industry publications to support your impact statement.
Proofread your change proposal, before you submit it, to minimize errors that could distract readers and make it more difficult for them to focus on the substance of your analysis.