doing an discussion on the case study below of days ago #1 Essay Answers – #1 Essay Answers
Sharing Assessment Results with Parents
Please use this case study to address the Discussion topic.
Logan is a child in your field experience site. Your supervising teacher is preparing for the annual family conferences at your field experience site. He has compiled a portfolio of Loganâ€™s progress throughout the year and has standardized test results from a screening done on all children at your field experience site. Logan is developing typically, and has met all of the developmental milestones as indicated by the Developmental Indicators for the Assessment of Learning (DIAL-4), the standardized screening assessment given at your field experience site. Your supervising teacher has prepared a portfolio complete with many work sample artifacts demonstrating his progress throughout the year.
The only area of concern noted by the supervising teacher is Loganâ€™s off-task behavior during circle time. It takes three or four requests to get Logan to join circle time each day. He will only sit for approximately 2 minutes and then he attempts to leave the circle. After studying this behavior, you and the supervising teacher were able to determine that by adding additional visuals and opportunities for movement, Logan would attend and participate in circle time for the entire lesson.
Logan has been staying and participating in circle time consistently for the past two weeks since this implemented change. The supervising teacher wants to share all of this assessment information with Loganâ€™s parents, and the following questions are good ways to start thinking about how to best communicate with families.
Please describe how you would share these assessment results with Logan’s family by answering the following questions:
- What strategies can you use to ensure that parents/caregivers feel welcome and comfortable at the beginning of the conference?
- What strategies can you use when sharing assessment information with the parents/caregivers? Why did you choose these strategies?
- What method can you use to summarize the studentâ€™s progress?
- What role do the parents/teachers/administrators have in the conference?
- How could you share results that may be perceived by the parents a