music 111 music hunt #1 Essay Answers
music 111 music hunt #1 Essay Answers – #1 Essay Answers
In recent classes we examined a variety of music and focused on several basic concepts that helped to link the works and also show their unique qualities. For this music hunt assignment you are asked to do the following:
1) Find a song or video that you feel has the following characteristics:
- a) Contains music that is a version of one of the jazz songs examined in this course and from your textbook reading this week: specifically look for â€œBillieâ€™s Bluesâ€, â€œTake the â€˜Aâ€™ Trainâ€, or â€œAfro Blueâ€ versions that are NOT the versions examined in class readings. Specifically, you are looking for a version of the tune you choose that is NOT by these artists: not Billie Holiday for “Billie’s Blues”, not Duke Ellington for “Take the A Train”, or not Mongo Santamaria for “Afro Blue” or not Robert Glasper (with Erikah Badu) for “Afro Blue”.
- b) Carefully consider if the new version that you found is still jazz, or if it is no longer jazz even though it is a version of a jazz tune (listed above), and why.
2) Give the brief â€œfactsâ€ of both works (your choice and one of the class songs): Title, Composer(s), Performers (artists or band name), Length of song, Record label, year of first release by this artist, etcâ€¦
3) Give a comparative analysis of your song choice with the one corresponding song examined in your classwork and readings this week. Then, in your own words, describe how they both compare to one another and how your choice is a good match for the assignment requirements. Remember, research on the style of music you are submitting, its origins, relationships to other music (and the important features of assigned songs), and important information should be included in your analysis. Also, you must demonstrate that you’ve researched details, related to your reading and listening assignments, in your writings in order to get full credit for your work. (Cite your sources.) Be sure to focus on what makes it, or prevents it, from still being jazz.
4) And finally, include a URL to the location of the work so that the professor can watch/listen to the music for grading
Grading Rubric for this assignment:
- Timely submission â€“ 2 points (late submission loses these points – after 2 weeks you can no longer submit the assignment or get credit for it)
- Song â€œfactsâ€ â€“ 2 points (requirement 2 above lists these)
- Song description (analysis) â€“ 5 points (requirements 1 & 3 above list these)
- Including a working URL link â€“ 1 point (requirement 4 above lists this, make sure the link works)
We have a team of Assignment experts who are the leading assignment help providers in the worldwide platform. We have university assignment expert who help the students in the best possible manner. At Google, there are many service providers as well that might not be reliable and do not guarantee money-back. But our assignment help service company is legal and reliable and provides plagiarism-free work without any cheating. Each company has its formats of submitting the assignments and placing the order. The assignment's subject, topic, and deadline need to be provided to the service providers. Based on the following documents, the price is quoted and approved. The experts are often called academic writers who all possess extensive knowledge and experts in the field. The services of academic writings include custom help in essay writing, term paper, coursework, homework assignments, research writings, dissertation, and many more.
Step-by-step solutions. Top grades guaranteed.