job safety analysis phosphine fumigation and case study bhopal india disaster 5chp #1 Essay Answers – #1 Essay Answers
Job Safety Analysis – Phosphine Fumigation
- JSA Worksheet & Form.xls (116.5 KB)
Utilizing the information provided in the Case Study – Phosphine Fumigation (Module 2: 2CT1: Case Study – Phosphine Fumigation), analyze the information and provide the necessary information in the JSA to prevent injury and illnesses from happening during this procedure.
Complete both the Job Safety Analysis Worksheet and the Job Safety Analysis Form pages of the spreadsheet. Upload the documents to the assignment link in Blackboard. Ensure you are taking the following steps:
- Identify the job task or tasks that require the use and interaction with the chemical Phosphine Fumigation.
- What is the hazard or the hazards of using this chemical?
- What can go wrong when using this chemical?
- What are the consequences of using this chemical?
- How could the hazards arise?
- What are other contributing factors?
- How likely is it that the hazard will occur?
NOTE: Complete both worksheets in Excel and upload as a spreadsheet. Do not convert to another format.
5C Case Study – Resources
Two comprehensive resources are linked here. Please do not consider these to be the only information out there. I could fill Blackboard with links to documents about this horrific disaster.US National Library of Medicine: The Bhopal disaster and its aftermath: a review
5 Case Study: Bhopal India Disaster
- APA Template.docx (55.598 KB)
Conduct a case study on this disaster identifying safety management, safety audits, accident investigation, control measures, and industrial hygiene issues.Requirements:The project is required to be a minimum of 500 words in length (or a minimum of two pages double-spaced). You should follow APA style and reference guidelines; and choose articles from journals available on the OC Online Library database. You may also use your textbook, and any safety/occupational health/industrial hygiene website as a resource, except for a Wikipedia product. If you use any material from the resources provided, you will also need to document them, i.e. the Youtube video. If you have questions about APA format, refer to Purdue OWL: APA Formatting and Style Guide. I have also included a template that has formatting, headings, reference page, cover page, etc. in it. I use it for my coursework – you click on the bracketed area and type your information.
Bhopal, IndiaThe incident investigation should deal with the chemical accident presented below. The case study should include the following components:
- a brief introduction of the scene and the accident,
- industrial hygiene impacts for the workers involved in the day-to-day activities and the accident,
- statement on the legal aspects of the incident,
- analysis of the key points from an industrial hygienist perspective about the incident and accident,
- control measure that would prevent this incident from occurring again, and
- summary of the articleâ€™s conclusions and your own opinions.